Skip to main content

Myths that got debunked pt3

 What's Happening?



i dunnow why i put this picture, just don't ask

1. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.


So, it's a saying that every parent says to his children, and the child grows up saying his to his own child, so lets state some facts here people,yes eating an apple is very important, gives you most vitamins and nutrients that the body needs and will help provide long term health, but this will not keep the doctor away if any disease entered the body the apple won't help you in this case, go to the doctor and get your shot and checkup and in the same time eat your apples :)

2. Is milk actually important?


This made my brain explode, literally.

one of the things that our parents taught us is that milk makes our body stronger because it contains vitamin C and will help the growth of any child, the advertisements of any milk brand can target all different audiences from a child to an old man but apparently, The US Department of Agriculture tells adults to drink milk at least three cups per day but there isn't an association between drinking more milk and having fewer bone fractures.

3. Chocolate gives you acne?


i already knew this one hehe

Scientists did an experiment on people to see if its myth is actually true and related to acne or not, scientist fed people candy bars 10 times more than the usual amount of chocolate, and dozens of other fake chocolate bars. they saw and counted the zits before each diet as what happened was there was no difference between both of the two groups which means that the chocolate didn't actually cause acne.

4. Sugar causes hyperactivity in children?


There was no scientific study at all that supports this myth, it was rumored in 1974 when Dr. William Crook wrote a letter and was published and stated that. "Only in the past three years have I become aware that sugar ... is a leading cause of hyperactivity" but it doesn't says any research and there were no papers that support this letter, nut according to the National Institute of Mental Health: "The idea that refined sugar causes ADHD or makes symptoms worse is popular, but more research discounts this theory than supports it."

5. Dogs and cats are colorblind?


This myth made a lot of cat and dog owners sad that they think that their pet is colorblind, but good news they have better eyesight than us, they see better as both of them can see in blue and green, and have more rods which are the light-sensing cells in the eye as a human has it as well, so they can see better in low-light situations. Reds and pinks may appear more green to cats, while purple may look like another shade of blue

6. Sharks can smell a drop of blood from miles away.


The movie jaws literally terrified me when I was younger because of this myth I was always making sure i don't have cuts when I'm going to the beach, they can distinct orders which all them to smell blood so yes t is true but at the same time, you are not in a pool, in the ocean which is way larger thank you think it can take a while until your odors to reach the shark.

7. Lightning never strikes the same place twice.


it can strike twice at the same place, plus a tip, if you find your hair flying up in a weird way and the sky, is kind of stormy, run away from the part of the land because mos likely it will hit this place in a few seconds, it was stated that the empire state had been struck more than 100 times per year.

Thank you dor reading my blog, please comment and follow me for more!
- Farah Kareem

Sources: 


Comments

  1. There's SO much misinformation out there on food, especially! Thanks for debunking some myths :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what an interesting post!! This was so great to read and learn to be honest xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy these posts! I didn't know many of these were myths. My favorites are 1, 3, and 5!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's ur first flashback/memory?

 What's Happening? I just love flashbacks when I was younger, it's amazing how the human mind reminds you of small details but at the same time, I don't remember what I ate yesterday lmao, anyways I'm going to write the flashbacks that happened to me when I was younger, and funny memories as well! Pool time? My first flashback is my first memory but it's a horrible memory though, it's a very dark and horrible time to me, so to begin with it was my first time getting stitches and was on my chin, what happened was I was copying what my friend was doing in the pool as she was jumping in the pool from behind which turning her back to the pool and jumping backward, so i was a little young girl who was five at the time, but what happened was when I copied her I didn't get far enough when jumped to the pool so my chin hit the edge and injured myself, so I really remember my point of view of people getting me out of the pool and rushing me to the doctor, which was h

Is Simone Biles coming back to the Olympics?

 What's Happening? News has been updated about someone saying that she is coming back to start off the beam final in the Tokyo Olympics, she will compete next Tuesday on the beam, she will take her final chance to take an individual medal at the Olympics as she had withdrawn from the others. The last update from Simone that she within draw due to her mental health problem as was stated before in other blogs, but this girl has been always dominant in this field as she won a lot since she started, she won a Bronze back in Rio Olympics in 2016, as the four-time Olympic champion has been suffering from something called 'twisties' which gymnasts stated it's like a mental block or losing the ability to focus while being one the mid-air. After she has withdrawn from the competition she stayed watching and cheering her friends to take the chance and shine, as her teammate MyKayla Skinner stated this:  one strong cookie, She's handling it better than I thought. Every day she

5 Inventions that were done by Women!

 What's Happening?  Top inventions that were made by women changed the world, let's praise them! 1. Medical syringe to be honest, I never knew that who did the syringe and always had no information about women doing any inventions I don't know why but this invention was done by Letitia Geer and was done in 1899, as they did the syringe that required two hands to do the injections correctly without resulting any harm, so basically, she invented the syringe that required only one hand that all medical practices use it now! "Her syringe design includes a cylinder, piston rod, a handle, and nozzle. The piston rod had a U-shaped handle for easier grip. The handle was designed in a way to be reached even in extreme positions. The hook at the free end of the syringe prevented hands from slipping." As her syringe had a lot of benefits because it was cheap and can easily be used and done by only using one hand, as it's easy to use by any person, she died at the age of