Skip to main content

5 Inventions that were done by Women!

 What's Happening?


 Top inventions that were made by women changed the world, let's praise them!

1. Medical syringe

to be honest, I never knew that who did the syringe and always had no information about women doing any inventions I don't know why but this invention was done by Letitia Geer and was done in 1899, as they did the syringe that required two hands to do the injections correctly without resulting any harm, so basically, she invented the syringe that required only one hand that all medical practices use it now!
"Her syringe design includes a cylinder, piston rod, a handle, and nozzle. The piston rod had a U-shaped handle for easier grip. The handle was designed in a way to be reached even in extreme positions. The hook at the free end of the syringe prevented hands from slipping."

As her syringe had a lot of benefits because it was cheap and can easily be used and done by only using one hand, as it's easy to use by any person, she died at the age of 83 in 1935.


2. Fire escape 

Anna Connelly made a fire escape staircase in 1887, she invented a metal staircase that prevented people to die due to fire problems that happen in buildings and houses, she saved lives by creating this fire escape, the model that she did became the modern buildings in cities especially new york city and now it's very required that buildings should have it for any kind of emergencies happening.



3. Home Security System

it was made by Marie Brown as she made it in her home, a system for closed-circuit television security she invented it in 1969 which there were problems in this time because of lack of security, so she basically did this system to help people and prevent them from getting attacked and feeling secured, because at that time police were slow in responding 911 calls from people, it was made in new york city. She quoted this "A woman alone could set off an alarm immediately by pressing a button, or if the system were installed in a doctor's office, it might prevent holdups by drug addicts."


4. Aquarium

Jeanne Villepreux-Power is one of the biggest biologists at that time, she invented an aquarium in 1832, she was born in France, a daughter of a shoemaker who moved to Paris at the age of 18 to be an assistant to a dressmaker, as she invented the first recognizable glass aquarium to aid her observations and experiments on the species, she died in 1971 aged 76.


5. The Car Heater


Whatttt, that's impressive though, anyways 

Margaret A. Wilcox invented the car heater in 1893 which was her first invention in this time which was now modernized and has been used since then until now, Wilcox designed a system to channel heat from an automobile's engine to warm the cab of the car.






Thank you all for reading, please comment and follow
- Farah Kareem
Check out my Pinterest Board for more blogs!

Comments

  1. interesting. I never knew all of these inventions were invented by women! but nice toknow that I can thank a woman for keeping me warm in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, thank you for sharing this post! Thank you to the women who invented things to keep us safe and warm, it is amazing what women can do!

    https://sophieemilyblogs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great article! I love reading stories like this so I can show my daughter all the great things women have achieved over the years. There's a really cool book called Rebel Girls and I sometimes read it to her at night. There's some really inspiring stories in it from women pirates back in the 1600s to the incredible story of Malala Yousafzai and how she overcome being shot by the Taliban :) Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a great comment, women are actually inspiring!

      Delete
  4. This is awesome! I never knew these were made by women. It’s kind of sad we aren’t taught this in schools or through media but I’m glad I know now. I also shared this with my two daughters to remind them how amazing women are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww, this comment already made my day, hope u have an amazing day xx

      Delete
  5. This is such an interesting post! Just another example of how women have contributed to science! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too many women go unnoticed for their game changing contributions to the world we live in. It is a shame that so much innovation and greatness is relegated to the sidelines. Thank you for highlighting these incredible women as I hadn't heard of Margaret Wilcox or Jeanne Villepreux-Power before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, thank you fir your lovely comment!

      Delete
  7. It's so wild that women's abilities, skills and intelligence were downplayed for so many centuries when we are the creators of so many amazing inventions. So proud to be a woman and so proud of the women that came before us !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this is such a neat list! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so nice to read this, I only knew about the home security system by Marie Brown. It's crazy that these women aren't talked about that much, like the medical syringe is a big one and don't many persons didn't know woman invented it. Love this post, it gave the spotlight to such great inventors. Great post! xx
    TheQuietGirl | www.queitgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, wow this is such an interesting read. I had no idea that these things were invented by Woman. Thanks for sharing! Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's ur first flashback/memory?

 What's Happening? I just love flashbacks when I was younger, it's amazing how the human mind reminds you of small details but at the same time, I don't remember what I ate yesterday lmao, anyways I'm going to write the flashbacks that happened to me when I was younger, and funny memories as well! Pool time? My first flashback is my first memory but it's a horrible memory though, it's a very dark and horrible time to me, so to begin with it was my first time getting stitches and was on my chin, what happened was I was copying what my friend was doing in the pool as she was jumping in the pool from behind which turning her back to the pool and jumping backward, so i was a little young girl who was five at the time, but what happened was when I copied her I didn't get far enough when jumped to the pool so my chin hit the edge and injured myself, so I really remember my point of view of people getting me out of the pool and rushing me to the doctor, which was h

Is Simone Biles coming back to the Olympics?

 What's Happening? News has been updated about someone saying that she is coming back to start off the beam final in the Tokyo Olympics, she will compete next Tuesday on the beam, she will take her final chance to take an individual medal at the Olympics as she had withdrawn from the others. The last update from Simone that she within draw due to her mental health problem as was stated before in other blogs, but this girl has been always dominant in this field as she won a lot since she started, she won a Bronze back in Rio Olympics in 2016, as the four-time Olympic champion has been suffering from something called 'twisties' which gymnasts stated it's like a mental block or losing the ability to focus while being one the mid-air. After she has withdrawn from the competition she stayed watching and cheering her friends to take the chance and shine, as her teammate MyKayla Skinner stated this:  one strong cookie, She's handling it better than I thought. Every day she