Skip to main content

Matt Damon Stopped using the F Slur because his daughter said so.

 What's Happening?


Matt Damon is one of the biggest stars around the world, stated that he wouldn't use the f word again in any of his movies, because his daughter said so.

In an interview the Sunday Times published that there is a release for the new movie Stillwater as he stated this interview he stopped using this word because its homophobic as his daughter suggested the idea to him and he approved upon it as he stated to Sunday Times: 

The word that my daughter calls the ‘f-slur for a homosexual’ was commonly used when I was a kid, with a different application, I made a joke, months ago, and got a treatise from my daughter. She left the table. I said, ‘Come on, that’s a joke! I say it in the movie 'Stuck on You!'’ She went to her room and wrote a very long, beautiful treatise on how that word is dangerous. I said, ‘I retire the f-slur!’ I understood

 The 50-year-old actor has four daughters with his wife Luciana Barroso.


Thank you for reading my blog, please comment and follow!
- Farah Kareem

Sources:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/larryfitzmaurice/matt-damon-homophobic-slur

https://www.today.com/popculture/matt-damon-reveals-his-daughter-recently-inspired-him-stop-using-t227074

Comments

  1. Great insight into how children are teaching their parents about what is right and wrong x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could it have taken this long to realise that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That what is supposed to happen a while ago, not only Matt but all celebrities should do this as well.

      Delete
  3. Hm well he should have realised it himself, but his daughter seems amazing and just shows people can learn a lot from their children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when children become the teacher. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Inventions that were done by Women!

 What's Happening?  Top inventions that were made by women changed the world, let's praise them! 1. Medical syringe to be honest, I never knew that who did the syringe and always had no information about women doing any inventions I don't know why but this invention was done by Letitia Geer and was done in 1899, as they did the syringe that required two hands to do the injections correctly without resulting any harm, so basically, she invented the syringe that required only one hand that all medical practices use it now! "Her syringe design includes a cylinder, piston rod, a handle, and nozzle. The piston rod had a U-shaped handle for easier grip. The handle was designed in a way to be reached even in extreme positions. The hook at the free end of the syringe prevented hands from slipping." As her syringe had a lot of benefits because it was cheap and can easily be used and done by only using one hand, as it's easy to use by any person, she died at the age of

What's ur first flashback/memory?

 What's Happening? I just love flashbacks when I was younger, it's amazing how the human mind reminds you of small details but at the same time, I don't remember what I ate yesterday lmao, anyways I'm going to write the flashbacks that happened to me when I was younger, and funny memories as well! Pool time? My first flashback is my first memory but it's a horrible memory though, it's a very dark and horrible time to me, so to begin with it was my first time getting stitches and was on my chin, what happened was I was copying what my friend was doing in the pool as she was jumping in the pool from behind which turning her back to the pool and jumping backward, so i was a little young girl who was five at the time, but what happened was when I copied her I didn't get far enough when jumped to the pool so my chin hit the edge and injured myself, so I really remember my point of view of people getting me out of the pool and rushing me to the doctor, which was h

Is Simone Biles coming back to the Olympics?

 What's Happening? News has been updated about someone saying that she is coming back to start off the beam final in the Tokyo Olympics, she will compete next Tuesday on the beam, she will take her final chance to take an individual medal at the Olympics as she had withdrawn from the others. The last update from Simone that she within draw due to her mental health problem as was stated before in other blogs, but this girl has been always dominant in this field as she won a lot since she started, she won a Bronze back in Rio Olympics in 2016, as the four-time Olympic champion has been suffering from something called 'twisties' which gymnasts stated it's like a mental block or losing the ability to focus while being one the mid-air. After she has withdrawn from the competition she stayed watching and cheering her friends to take the chance and shine, as her teammate MyKayla Skinner stated this:  one strong cookie, She's handling it better than I thought. Every day she