Skip to main content

The Lost Golden City- Egypt

 What's Happening?

A couple of months ago a huge discovery was found in Luxor- Egypt as it was considered one of the biggest accomplishments that Egypt did in April, as they discovered a whole city underground that belonged to one of the biggest rules in the ancient days who was king Amenhotep III, the ninth king of the 18th Dynasty who ruled Egypt from 1391 to1353 B.C.

Luxor is located in Upper Egypt as one of the most important cities in Egypt due to her ancient history, this name of the city was given because it was the southern part that was ruled by Thebes as they grew up around a beautiful temple that was close to the Nile, the name means in Arabic "The Palaces" or "The Forts". 

The last golden city goes back about 3,400 years old as this Golden city was discovered by the archaeologist Zahi Hawass, head of the Egyptian mission in the west of Luxor, as he said " that among the most prominent findings in Luxor’s Lost City is a group of meat preservation vessels, with the name of the butcher and the name of the slaughterhouse and its weight recorded on them. A vessel containing two gallons of dried or boiled meat (10.5 kg) had inscriptions on it that can be read."as in this city they worshiped the god of Aten "the god of the sun"

They discovered rows of brick that goes in multiple directions as they thought at the beginning of digging it's going to a small complex or a tomb, but they found an entire city underneath the sand, what is known about this city in the ancient days that it was one of the wealthiest cities back then, and who lived here and ruled it had a lot of skilled workers as Hawass known enough about this golden city, he said that he had large bakery and pottery as they found pottery all over the city.

Pictures:






Zahi was talking about calling it Golden city because this was the golden age of the city where the Egyptians were the wealthiest and called it lost because there were a lot of rumors about this city but it was never found, that why he called it "The Lost Golden City"  as there were three districts, one is for storage as they made sandals, sewing clothes, special stones for making bracelets and necklaces, as the wife Amenhotep the third had a lot of jewelry and a lot of evidence that can lead to Tutankhamon, as people took this as a first step for a big discovery.

I just love ancient Egyptian discoveries.




Thank you for reading my blog, follow and comment about what you think!
- Farah Kareem

Sources:


Comments

  1. It is so exciting to see this new city and I remember this story being on the news. I’ve been to Pompeii and this reminds discovery reminds me of it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I didn't know anything about this so it was great to read! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. This is so cool and interesting. I haven't heard about this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This news never made it to my country's news channels. Thank you for this post. I find these so intriguing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello, Wow! this is so interesting, I am terrible for keeping up with the news and honestly had no idea! Thanks for sharing an interesting an insightful post! Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's ur first flashback/memory?

 What's Happening? I just love flashbacks when I was younger, it's amazing how the human mind reminds you of small details but at the same time, I don't remember what I ate yesterday lmao, anyways I'm going to write the flashbacks that happened to me when I was younger, and funny memories as well! Pool time? My first flashback is my first memory but it's a horrible memory though, it's a very dark and horrible time to me, so to begin with it was my first time getting stitches and was on my chin, what happened was I was copying what my friend was doing in the pool as she was jumping in the pool from behind which turning her back to the pool and jumping backward, so i was a little young girl who was five at the time, but what happened was when I copied her I didn't get far enough when jumped to the pool so my chin hit the edge and injured myself, so I really remember my point of view of people getting me out of the pool and rushing me to the doctor, which was h

5 Inventions that were done by Women!

 What's Happening?  Top inventions that were made by women changed the world, let's praise them! 1. Medical syringe to be honest, I never knew that who did the syringe and always had no information about women doing any inventions I don't know why but this invention was done by Letitia Geer and was done in 1899, as they did the syringe that required two hands to do the injections correctly without resulting any harm, so basically, she invented the syringe that required only one hand that all medical practices use it now! "Her syringe design includes a cylinder, piston rod, a handle, and nozzle. The piston rod had a U-shaped handle for easier grip. The handle was designed in a way to be reached even in extreme positions. The hook at the free end of the syringe prevented hands from slipping." As her syringe had a lot of benefits because it was cheap and can easily be used and done by only using one hand, as it's easy to use by any person, she died at the age of

Is Simone Biles coming back to the Olympics?

 What's Happening? News has been updated about someone saying that she is coming back to start off the beam final in the Tokyo Olympics, she will compete next Tuesday on the beam, she will take her final chance to take an individual medal at the Olympics as she had withdrawn from the others. The last update from Simone that she within draw due to her mental health problem as was stated before in other blogs, but this girl has been always dominant in this field as she won a lot since she started, she won a Bronze back in Rio Olympics in 2016, as the four-time Olympic champion has been suffering from something called 'twisties' which gymnasts stated it's like a mental block or losing the ability to focus while being one the mid-air. After she has withdrawn from the competition she stayed watching and cheering her friends to take the chance and shine, as her teammate MyKayla Skinner stated this:  one strong cookie, She's handling it better than I thought. Every day she