Skip to main content

Myths that got debunked pt2

 What's Happening


There are a lot of myths going around, so I checked it and saw that I should share the most common myths all around the world!

1. Peanuts are a type of nut.


Well, nope because they are a type of legume and I think people believe this myth because of its name.

2. Fortune cookies originated in China.


The National Museum of History in the USA stated that this was a myth, as the creator of the fortune cookie was a Japanese guy called Suyeichi Okamura who was an immigrant and was sent to the camps during WW2, Chinese Americans took over these treats and now served in Chinese restaurants.

3. All deserts are hot.


You need to know that deserts are not defined by the temperature, only the lack of perception, and yes most of the deserts of the world are hot, but there are extremely cold deserts like Polar Deserts.

4. The Declaration of Independence was signed on July 4th.


The 4th of July is a known holiday all around the world as most people know that the declaration was signed on the 4th of July, but no it is actually signed on August 2nd but got approved on the 4th of July.

5. Lightning never strikes twice.


All of us at some point heard in movies that Lighting never strikes twice in the same place, well it's a myth but NASA debunked this myth stating reporting that "lightning definitely strikes more than one place." In fact, it does so about a third of the time!

6. Bats Are Blind


Bats can see three times better than a human can see, as was stated by Rob Mies, former executive director for the Organization for Bat Conservation, told National Geographic.

7.Drinking alcohol raises your body temperature.


Actually, what's funny is that it lowers the core body temperature as was stated before, but people might find that they get warmer although that's tricks of alcohol effects on your mind!

Thank you for reading my blog, please leave a follow and a comment
- Farah Kareem

Sources:

Comments

  1. This was interesting! I didn't know that about the Declaration of Independence.

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, I had no idea about most of these! Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's ur first flashback/memory?

 What's Happening? I just love flashbacks when I was younger, it's amazing how the human mind reminds you of small details but at the same time, I don't remember what I ate yesterday lmao, anyways I'm going to write the flashbacks that happened to me when I was younger, and funny memories as well! Pool time? My first flashback is my first memory but it's a horrible memory though, it's a very dark and horrible time to me, so to begin with it was my first time getting stitches and was on my chin, what happened was I was copying what my friend was doing in the pool as she was jumping in the pool from behind which turning her back to the pool and jumping backward, so i was a little young girl who was five at the time, but what happened was when I copied her I didn't get far enough when jumped to the pool so my chin hit the edge and injured myself, so I really remember my point of view of people getting me out of the pool and rushing me to the doctor, which was h

5 Inventions that were done by Women!

 What's Happening?  Top inventions that were made by women changed the world, let's praise them! 1. Medical syringe to be honest, I never knew that who did the syringe and always had no information about women doing any inventions I don't know why but this invention was done by Letitia Geer and was done in 1899, as they did the syringe that required two hands to do the injections correctly without resulting any harm, so basically, she invented the syringe that required only one hand that all medical practices use it now! "Her syringe design includes a cylinder, piston rod, a handle, and nozzle. The piston rod had a U-shaped handle for easier grip. The handle was designed in a way to be reached even in extreme positions. The hook at the free end of the syringe prevented hands from slipping." As her syringe had a lot of benefits because it was cheap and can easily be used and done by only using one hand, as it's easy to use by any person, she died at the age of

Is Simone Biles coming back to the Olympics?

 What's Happening? News has been updated about someone saying that she is coming back to start off the beam final in the Tokyo Olympics, she will compete next Tuesday on the beam, she will take her final chance to take an individual medal at the Olympics as she had withdrawn from the others. The last update from Simone that she within draw due to her mental health problem as was stated before in other blogs, but this girl has been always dominant in this field as she won a lot since she started, she won a Bronze back in Rio Olympics in 2016, as the four-time Olympic champion has been suffering from something called 'twisties' which gymnasts stated it's like a mental block or losing the ability to focus while being one the mid-air. After she has withdrawn from the competition she stayed watching and cheering her friends to take the chance and shine, as her teammate MyKayla Skinner stated this:  one strong cookie, She's handling it better than I thought. Every day she